Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Update on Minimizing

I'm still not quite sure what to call my home project... Minimizing?  Simplifying?  Ditching stuff?  So far, it's feeling good.  I've got a fairly large pile accrued in my guest room that consists mainly of books (just some of them!), winter coats (this is Texas), fancy dresses (ha! I'm a khaki skirt kind-of-gal) and business suits (they don't match my personality).  I'm making plans on what to do with everything: consignment shops, Goodwill, trash, gifted to family, etc.  I wish this was a TV show though; that everything would be gone as soon as I make the decision.  No time for regret.... no time to change my mind and sneak things back onto shelves.  I keep my eye on the end prize... less stuff equals more peace.  For Amy.  Thus the blog.

Oh...less stuff also equals more savings and some nicer items.  This is what I remember while driving by Marshall's and Old Navy without stopping.  Keep that in check and Amy's getting some new gold hoops from James Avery. :)