Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Recipes to Try

Thanks to Pinterest, I have a massive cache of recipes to try.  In order to narrow it down and make the task less daunting, I'm posting a short list here.  Again, in random visual order:

Tofu Banh Mi

Balsamic reduction


Chickpea and Potato Stew


Sweet potato and black bean chili


Israeli couscous with roasted tomatoes and olives


Curried egg salad

Sweet potato Mexican breakfast

The balsamic reduction I've had in restaurants before and seems extremely versatile; drizzle over pasta, bruschetta, asiago with crackers, etc.  The Israeli couscous I've made versions of before and this one sound delicious for lunch.  I've never made egg salad before but again, this one looks delicious.  I'll just have to pick a good day for it because sometimes eggs drop my blood pressure and leave me feeling... weird.  It's difficult to describe.  Banh Mi I've tasted in a restaurant and is much better than it sounds; definitely full of flavor if you make it right and this recipe sounds about right.  As for the others, everyone who knows me knows I love all things savory and all things sweet potato/black bean/chickpea.  Yum.