Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Month of Thanks

I'm late in beginning this, but since November is Thanksgiving month I'm determined to give thanks every day.

Beginning with Tuesday, Nov.1.  On this day I was thankful for the two nice ladies from Jordan who sat with me during STAAR scoring training and let me tag along to lunch.  Since I'm from a small campus I'm often alone at meetings/trainings and often end up sitting and eating alone as well.  However, I am now making more of an effort to be more collegial and I thanked these ladies for being so welcoming.

Wednesday, Nov. 2.  Yesterday I was thankful to my BFF for standing in the middle of the street with my dog looking awkward and silly as I drove home.  He knew I needed a pick-me-up after a rough day.  Very cute and made me smile. Maisy apparently only recognizes my car when it's parked in the garage.  As I was slowly driving in, she was running around confused because she didn't know where "mommy" was.  As soon as I pulled into the garage though, she got the memo. 

Thursday, Nov. 3.  I am thankful today for my Vice-Principal who interevened with some irate parents because their son had been giving them some not-so-accurate information about his grades.  I'm grateful to have an admin who trusts me and will stick up for me.